cvsup on amd64 just broke today

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Aug 29 22:15:10 PDT 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:01:51PM -0500, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> > I'm just wondering, if you're able to build the port under amd64, why
> > isn't it in the ports collection?
>
> Because it isn't really buildable.  You have no idea what it takes to
> build a Modula-3 program on AMD64 right now.

not being someone who knows (ez)m3 I had a look at all the patches
for amd64 the time I tracked down the compress problem in cvsup.
**** ****!  But great work as it seems to do the job.

Anyway there are native amd64 cvsup packages to install and I just
added the one I compiled Jun 2nd (with compress supposed to be
working) at
	http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/ports/experimental/

there is a link to peter's patches and the patch I needed in addition
to get compress 'working' (at least I had been using it for some weeks
w/o problems now).