amd64/67745: boot fails on compaq presario r3000z

Andrew Lankford andrew.lankford at verizon.net
Sat Aug 7 08:56:04 PDT 2004

>I'd like to get this fixed for 5.3,

Sweet!

> but I also don't feel comfortable
>with completely turning off the keyboard and aux port tests.

For what it's worth, I don't think the second part of that
patch (the aux port test) is needed anymore (at least by
presario 3000 users).

>Can someone experiment to see if both test_kbd_port() and test_aux_port()
>need to be disabled?

I've got a little free time on my hands, but I'm not
optimistic about my chances of being able to boot without
the patch.  Might it perchance help matters if I tried
 refreshing the boot0 and boot1 images?

Andrew Lankford