cvsup for amd64

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Sun Oct 26 12:11:58 PST 2003

In case anybody is interested:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/cvsup-without-gui-16.1h.tbz

This is in pkg_add format.

A couple of MAJOR caveats are in order:

* It is built against 5.1-current, *after* the last ABI bump.  It will not
work on 5.1-RELEASE.  I do not know if it works on David's snapshot or not.

* The ezm3 package is not a happy camper.  I'm still suprised that these
binaries work at all.  Obviously, be careful with these.  I've had to do
some really shameful hacks to get it to compile, including crippling some of
the sorting.  This might have negative affects elsewhere that I haven't
found yet. YMMV.  No warranty.  Do not use to control nuclear power plants
or life support equipment.

* Stream compression does *NOT* seem to work at this point - it reports a
zlib error at startup, so do not use the 'compress' keyword.

* There is an X11 version there in my homedir, but it doesn't work.

Cheers,
-Peter
Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com