amd64 as an X desktop?

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Fri Oct 3 15:25:25 PDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 06:09:08PM -0400, Munish Chopra wrote:
> On 2003-10-03 23:51 +0200, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> I don't know if it helps, but several of the reference (pre-production)
> boards shipped with the 3Com stuff on-board. Most, if not all from what
> I hear, production boards seem to be shipping with the Realtek
> chip. This has apparently caused headaches here and there.

The server class boards I've seen all have Broadcom chips which puts
them in the "better then something without a driver, but not much else"
catagory.  The MSI board we have works fine, but has serious problems
PXE booting.  Better then half the time it failes in such a way that it
doesn't even make it to the automagic reboot partion on the disk.  The
other one is an Accelertech Tsunami64 which is more stable under some
loads them some of our dual Xeons.

-- Brooks