[kde-freebsd] arts-1.1.4,1 broken on amd64

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Mon Nov 24 12:10:28 PST 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 09:46, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > On Monday 24 November 2003 01.36, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-5-latest/arts-1.1.4,1.log
> > >
> > > Can you please investigate ASAP?

> Someone complained vaguely about this already on the amd64 list, but
> didn't provide any specifics, also not after being prompted.
>
> > There's a patch added, orginally to make it build on amd64:
> > patch-flow-gsl-gslglib.c
>
> FWIW, arts builds straight from CVS with no tweaks of any kind for me on
> amd64. I'll try to grab the port today and see what it does when I get
> home.

My bad, it _didn't_ build from CVS without tweaks, I needed to define the
correct form of G_VA_COPY for the amd64 (which uses the standard va_copy
macro .. count on glib to suffer from NIH). I've attached two patches:

1) va.diff adds #    define G_VA_COPY(ap1, ap2)   va_copy(ap1,ap2) in relevant
places.

2) stringcat.diff removes a bunch of G_STRLOCs from the code, since those
expand to __FUNCTION__, and concatenating __FUNCTION__ with constant strings
is deprecated.

Kris, as usual I haven't the slightest idea as to how to get this into FBSD in
a sensible fashion. Bug a committer about it. I'll push it into upstream CVS,
though. I called them files/patch-flow-gsl-VA_COPY and
files/patch-flow-gsl-gslglib.c-2 and it both configures and builds.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>
            If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?