amd64/59483: amd64 pr

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Wed Nov 19 14:19:18 PST 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 18:35, Bill Squire {billsf} wrote:
> System: FreeBSD curacao.n2it.nl 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #4: Mon Nov
> 17 1 3:46:43 CET 2003 root at curacao.n2it.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/C64-02
> amd64

FreeBSD beans.ebn.kun.nl 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #3: Tue Nov 18
11:33:52 CET 2003
root at beans.ebn.kun.nl:/mnt/sys/CURRENT/src/sys/amd64/compile/BEANS  amd64

>         moused simply doesn't work anymore with a USB mouse, TIFF images

With moused already running (for my ps/2 mouse), plugging in an extra USB
mouse works perfectly, and either one works, both in syscons and in X.
Killall moused disables it, of course, and then re-plugging the USB mouse
restores mouse functionality in both X and syscons. So that must be something
specific to your system.

> Overall the progress on the amd64 platform has been nothing short of
> spectacular over the few weeks i've owned the amd64. Gnome works as of

Well said. Except ..

> NSPR is so screwed up. KDE doesn't work at all due to the very screwed up
> 'arts' which everything seems to depend on. Otherwise keep up the good work

So send an actual bug report, either to the amd64 list or to kde at freebsd, with
detailed information. If the port fails to build, show us the logs.

FWIW,

beans.ebn.kun.nl$ps ax | grep arts
  654  ??  S      0:11.97 /usr/local/kde-HEAD/bin/artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -s 60 -m

(not that sound works, mind you, there's other problems with that - I can't
get _anything_ to produce pcm sound, ogg123 bus errors, and mpg123 refuses to
play anything but to esd output)

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>
            If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?