Patches for config.{guess,sub} needed

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri Jul 4 19:03:14 PDT 2003

I'm testing patches from naddy that cause bsd.port.mk to use a global
copy of the GNU config.{guess,sub} scripts instead of the
distfile-supplied version that will usually not support the newer
architectures.

Can someone please fetch the latest version of config.guess and
config.sub from

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/config/

and send me patches against these scripts to DTRT when run on ia64 and
amd64?  These patches should also be submitted back to the GNU people.

Assuming there are no major problems with the bsd.port.mk patches, I
will be importing these scripts into /usr/ports/Templates in a few
days, and they can then be patched to run correctly on ia64 and amd64.

Kris