alpha/127248: System crashes when many (7) serial port terminals (vt320-vt510) connected to the server via com to usb adapter and 2-usb hubs.

Dieter freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com
Fri Sep 26 16:10:51 UTC 2008

>  I didn't find out how to copy this to email and just retyped it here by
>  hands, so there maybe some mistakes, even though i was very careful.
>  How to do that btw?

For "normal" output, look in /var/log.  However, I assume the debugger
doesn't write to disk.  And neither does firmware.

One way is to connect the RS-232 console to a port on a second system,
and tip/cu from the second system into the problematic system.
You can then capture output using script(1).

IIRC, some "smart" terminals allow copy and paste.

I use the RS-232 port on an X terminal and use X11 copy and paste.

If all else fails you could take a photo of the screen.