SRM compatibility

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 6 00:40:59 PST 2005

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 06:49:20PM -0500, Ansar Mohammed wrote..
> Is there a recommended SRM version to use for FreeBSD Alpha?
> I have attempted an install on a 6.x SRM BIOS that is failing on kernel load
> of isp0 on a PWS 433au. The same system loads NetBSD fine. There is another
> guy in hawai who apparently has the same issues.
>
> I unplugged the controller and tried to reinstall on the IDE disks but got
> some extremely weird problems such as the sysinstall failing to detect some
> ide disks.
>
> In short, rather than solve my current issues, I would like to know if these
> issues can be mitigated by an SRM upgrade.

Sorry, but that would be something you just have to try.  The FreeBSD
project does not have a testlab to test all permutations and all
Alpha models.

I have always been running the V.latest SRM versions on my Alphas,
and that always worked for me.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org