alpha/30486: AlphaServer DS10 floppy access is broken

Oliver Schonefeld oschonef at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Tue May 24 20:59:52 GMT 2005

Hello Wilko,

Just a informal note.

Eines schoenen Tages schrieb Wilko Bulte:
[..]
>  > So it's either kernel crash in isadma or broken pio,
>  > gotta love free choice :}
>
>  A long time ago Andrew Gallatin (gallatin@) and myself tried
>  to narrow it down.  ISTR Drew thought it was isadma getting something
>  wrong.

I have a Soundlaster SB16 in a 164LX. Using the soundcard results in a
machine check with dma functions in the stack trace. So I think there might
be some isadma problems on alpha.
I did not use the machine recetly, therefore didn't write to the list nor raised a PR.
Sound used to work in FreeBSD 5.<mumble> but is broken in a relativly
up-to-date 5.4-STABLE.

Best Regards,
Oliver