5.x-STABLE on PWS

Conall O'Brien conall=freebsd at maths.tcd.ie
Thu May 19 03:53:00 PDT 2005

Hi,

I've already found a prior thread on the list regarding 5.4 RC boot CDs
not booting on a PWS.

I've experienced the exact same behaviour with the bootinst and disc 1
isos for 5.4-RC3 and 5.4 (the prior thread only has the issue with a
5.3RC bootinst iso).

As a result, I opted to install 4.11, which worked perfectly. However,
I've had to reinstall my base system more than once after attempting to
upgrade to RELENG_5 using a CVS checkout of the src tree.

I didn't manage to save the error messages, but buildworld was
succeeding, then installworld was failing, so the system was unable to
boot up again...

--

Regards,

Conall O'Brien