Miata Based File Server...

Conall O'Brien conallob=freebsd at maths.tcd.ie
Wed May 11 14:59:00 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm currently building a fileserver based on a 433MHz Miata Personal
Workstation. I currently have it running 4.11-RELEASE before I upgrade
to RELENG_5 from CVS in the coming days.

I have an LSI MegaRAID 150-6 SATA RAID card combined with 4 x 250GB
Hitachi SATA disks I wish to setup as a RAID5 array. The controller
is appearing with the amr driver as amr0 during boot up, as expected.

My problem is as follows. How can I access the MegaRAID card to create
my RAID5 array since the PWS doesn't give me access to the MegaRAID BIOS
via the Ctrl+M hotkey during th eboot up phase?

Unfortunately, the PWS is the only system I have with a 64 bit PCI slot,
which the MegaRAID card requires.

On a slightly related note, is there a way for me to use such tools like
LSI's Linux based MegaMGR [1] or amrcontrol [2], both of which appea rot
only be available as x86 binaries, using some form of emulation?

[1] http://tinyurl.com/c6bqh

[2] http://people.freebsd.org/~emoore/MegaRAID_SCSI/

--

Regards,