Question... Alpha Compile optimizations....

Angus MacGyver macgyver at calibre-solutions.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 23:24:33 PST 2005

I've been using FreeBSD on an Alpha (164LX and 164SX) for a while, and
have done some re-compiles of programs using some of the optimization
flags in make.conf...
.... no problem..

I am just wondering, after reading the sample make.conf from
5.3-RELEASE, what is the nature of the bugs that MAY appear if I use

CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe

as the optimisation flags.

I have done so before on a 4.9 system, and have not experienced any
problem that i could see, tho I did see an improvement in the speed of
the resultant system (always a good thing)

Cheers

AM