Call for testers: please test 4.11-RC1 on your Alpha

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 8 08:17:57 PST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 03:23:45PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote..
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:41:23PM +1100, Rob B wrote..
> > At 02:12 AM 31/12/2004, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >We need more testing done on the various Alpha models for
> > >the upcoming 4.11 release.
> > >
> > >Please check out http://people.freebsd.org/~wilko/testhw.html
> > >to see what Alpha models have been tested sofar.
> > >
> > >If you do not have spare disk capacity to do an install onto,
> > >by all means at least test a boot into the installer.  This
> > >ensures we do not end up with uncaught boot / loader problems.
> > >
> > >The installer as such as works OK in testing sofar.
> >
> > Are there floppy images of 4.11RC2 available?  I can't seem to find them
> > thus far.  If I can get the floppies, I can boot into the installer on my
> > PC64 and Miata.
>
> I sofar only had uploaded the ISO images.  Per your suggestion I am
> uploading the ftp bits (these include the floppy images etc) at the moment.
>
> It will take an hour or 2 to upload to ftp-master, and then some time
> for the ftp-mirrors to pick it up from there (don't know how often the
> mirrors do their sync to ftp-master).
>
> Please let me know how it goes once the stuff is available.  Oh, this is
> RC2 that I am uploading right now, not RC1.

OK, your favorite ftp mirror site should be getting / should have
the 4.11-RC2 ftp bits anytime soon.  ftp.FreeBSD.org is your best bet
if your local ftp mirror does not carry it.

Check in /pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha/4.11-RC2

Please let me know how things go

Wilko

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org