linux_base problem

Gian Luca Decurtins mirror at asgard.ch
Sun Sep 19 11:38:28 PDT 2004

Hi all

I wanted to install linux_base from the ports on a AS 800 5/500 with
FreeBSD 4.10.
There was a problem with this installation and the server crashed
everytime I tried
to install it again. I want the linux_base package for the compaq-cc
compiler, which I've read, should be faster.

I've done the following:

cd /usr/port/emulators/linux_base
kldload osf1
make install

and after he downloaded all the rpms the server crashed at the second rpm.
I've added an output of dmesg at the bottom.

Well, is it possible to install linux_base on alpha? Does the compaq-cc
produce realy faster binaries?

Regards
-luca.

###
link_elf: symbol osf1_wait4 undefined

fatal kernel trap:

    trap entry = 0x4 (unaligned access fault)
    a0         = 0xfffffe001544fe34
    a1         = 0x2d
    a2         = 0x1
    pc         = 0xfffffc00003a81e8
    ra         = 0xfffffc00003a8158
    curproc    = 0xfffffe00153b9e80
        pid = 684, comm = ldconfig

panic: trap

syncing disks... 152 115 9 7 4
done
Uptime: 12m4s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
Rebooting...
###