NIC & ATA Contorller for AS1200

Wilko Bulte wkb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 19 12:13:06 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 03:34:58AM +0900, Ki-Yeol Park wrote:
> I'm trying to run  FreeBSD 5.2R on an old DEC Alphaserver 1200 system.
>
> 1. Can I use rl(4) ethernet device on this system, though it is not
> recognized  by SRM Console?

As long as you don't want to boot from a NIC it is not relevant
if SRM recognises it or not.

> 2. Is there ANY  recommended ATA or ATA-RAID Controller I can use on
> this system?

Depends if you want to boot from it or not. The list of PCI raid cards
supported by SRM is rather limited, and system dependent too :/
AS1200 is not overly recent so it is probably limited to Mylex DAC960
(DEC KZPSC) which by now are quite outdated.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org