bogofilter causes infinite backtrace loop on alpha 5.x

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Feb 7 04:25:20 PST 2004

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004, John Baldwin wrote:

> On Friday 06 February 2004 05:39 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > The 3 bogofilter ports are going into an infinite loop on bento's
> > alpha 5.2-CURRENT build:
>
> Looks like maybe gdb is broken.  Obrien recently changed how gdb does stack
> backtraces on Alpha.  I thought it only affected kgdb, but maybe it broke
> normal gdb?

Hum, ports as regression tests for base. :-)

Should I do anything about this or just wait until GDB is fixed?

The program in question is trivial. It's a sanity check to have a
reference output for the GDB version that is used by the respective
build cluster, buildd.debian.org or bento.freebsd.org.

This is the whole beast, abortme.c:

#include <stdlib.h>

int main(void)
{