6.0 on Alpha

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 28 03:07:48 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:39:49AM -0700, Marcel Moolenaar wrote..
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 08:09:36PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> > Marcel Moolenaar <marcel at xcllnt.net> writes:
> > > I wonder: can you reach ddb if you boot with -d?
> >
> > I'll try...
> >
> > BTW, the kernel from the 5.3-BETA1 CD boots, but hangs solid while
> > probing devices.
>
> Odd. HEAD is not that much different from 5.3-BETA. I wonder if it's
> safe to assume that the hangs are the same, but that the timing varies.
> This, consequently, puts the hardware under question...

Which brings me to the question: Marcel, can you give BETA1 miniinst
a try on the Miata? [I mean the one in your home, not the one sitting
in the parking lot ;)

I have sofar failed to find a Miata local to me for a test.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org