make buildworld problem 5.0-RELEASE

Dan Williams dan at bigw.org
Sat Apr 26 11:11:53 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm attempting to make buildworld and it errors out in
/usr/src/share/mk/, complaining:

make:  don't know how to make bsd.README.  Stop

This is with the latest cvsup sources from yesterday, and happened with
the ones from Wednesday as well.  Now I know that the makefile in that
directory really is only supposed to deliver the files somewhere and
not compile them or otherwise.  I also tried removing bsd.README from
the list of files in the Makefile and it then stops with whatever is
next on the line, one of the bsd.*.mk files.  So it won't actually make
anything in that directory without failing.

Next, when renaming the makefile there, it continues on until
/usr/src/etc and then complains about making sendmail.mk (or whatever
that file is).  Is there something I am not doing?  Or is CVS just
broken or is it the CVSUP server I'm using?

Kernel compiles fine BTW.

Thanks,
Dan