fxp unaligned access

Fred Clift fclift at verio.net
Fri Apr 25 08:43:39 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Don't bother to try to get a crashdump, it won't work on a trap
> anyway.  It will only work on an explicit panic.

Oops - didn't read this till after I tried, and indeed, I seem to get a
hosed stack or something that makes it so I can't get the desired info...

>  ) Stopped at      fxp_add_rfabuf+0x80:    zapnot  t0,#0xf3,t0     <t0=0x10>
>
> Isn't htole16 just supposed to be a cast to (u_int16_t) on alpha?
> It might be interesting to try just using the cast..

I tried this and it didn't help - So, what is the equivalent of 'printf
debugging' when doing kernel modules?  is there some way to get stuff
printed to the console?  (Note to Drew - finally got remote serial console
set up on this box so I may actually be able to work on this more than
once a day for 10 minutes :)

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift at verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.