AS1200

Kevin A. Pieckiel kpieckiel-freebsd-alpha at smartrafficenter.org
Thu Apr 3 05:17:54 PST 2003

I just acquired an AlphaServer 1200.  This is my first experience with actually
operating an alpha aside from having a shell account on one.  When it arrives,
it will have NetBSD; I'm considering putting FreeBSD on it.  Should I decide to
do so, how can I best help the alpha developers of FreeBSD in regards to testing
and bug reporting?  I'm a developer who's intimately familiar with ANSI C, but
I've never attempted to become familiar with kernel code.  I'm willing to spend
some time on the alpha port since I now own an alpha.  I'm guessing running
5.0-current would be helpful, since there are LOTS of untested architectural
changes in the code....

Or is this best asked on -hackers?

Thanks,
Kevin

"I am, to all intents and purposes, God.
And you do not mess with God, because he
is only 14 keypresses from removing your
presence from the system"

---
This message was signed by GnuPG.  E-Mail kpieckiel-pgp at smartrafficenter.org
to receive my public key.  You may also get my key from pgpkeys.mit.edu;
my ID is 0xF1604E92 and will expire on 01 January 2004.