1.5.77 port of openafs

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Tue Sep 21 20:59:41 UTC 2010

On 09/21/2010 22:23, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> Excellent. Have you also followed the steps here?
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-testing.html
> (The porter's handbook is a pretty nice resource for ports tips, though
> it sadly doesn't give much guidance for how to deal with kernel modules.)

Since I was trying to keep the diff minimal, I did not attempt to make
any improvements besides the basic functionality of the package -- the
option WITH_FUSE was needed for that. (And I did not test in an optimal
way lacking a tinderbox and only using a chroot environment for "clean"
builds.)

I have never used portlint so far, but I can try. In contrast to
debugging the deadlocks and crashes, improving the port should be doable
for me. Unfortunately, I will probably not have enough time in
September, but I might get to it in two weeks. I will check
http://web.mit.edu/freebsd/openafs/tmp/openafs.shar before I start with
anything.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik