Changes to OpenAFS to support FreeBSD 8-CURRENT

Ben Kaduk minimarmot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 11:51:25 PST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Matt Benjamin <matt at linuxbox.com> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> I got your previous email, but wasn't sure I could get to this.  I
> haven't in fact been focused on 8-CURRENT, but on vnode locking and
> refcounting correctness across 7.0 to 8-CURRENT.  (Making headway...)
>
> Anyway, I set that aside and whacked through a similar effort.  The
> things you got sound right to me, though I'm surprised krx and
> afs_server.c compiled, but, it might have to do with whether you have
> network stack virtualization enabled.  The  module doesn't load
> presumably because of unresolved externals--here either the
> aforementioned (like in_ifaddrhead), and probably "suser(thread)" which
> is gone, replaced with "priv_check(thread)" (what makes me think that
> one won't be around long).
>
> Openafs-1.4.8 (openafs.org) with RT # 123933 compiles and loads, as
> above,  but I have not run the code, it's just to block something in, ATM.

It's possible that I'm doing something wrong, but I'm getting panics with
returning from a syscall with a lock held.  I have a project that I need to
finish up for my classes, here, so I shouldn't spend more time on this for
a few days.  If anyone really wants a core before then, let me know, but
I'm pretty sure that my libafs.ko doesn't have debugging symbols,
so it's probably not worth it.

Just FYI,

Ben Kaduk