openafs port(s) in general

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Tue Dec 16 10:44:41 PST 2008

"Derrick Brashear" <shadow at gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> wrote:

>> > Actually, it's the wrong solution to the problem.
>> >
>> > Why are you using *that* web page as the be-all-end-all division of
>> > commands?
>>
>> Because there is no better solution. Do you have one?
>
> I gave you a list which got ignored, like 4 hours ago.

Why do you think your list got ignored? ;-) I've been working with it.
Then that was an opinion of one person. Nobody voted for it.

> Editing this web page
> to put the same list in it is any better why?

Your mail is your personal opinion. That site is (or am I mistaken?)
an official place where to look for information.

You know, I could have committed the (openafs) port since I got it
build/install/deinstall succesfully. But I'd better don't do it.
And discuss a better ways/decisions/etc. at this list. Because
since the port gets committed it should reflect official position
of those who *can* make decisions: developers, admins, power users.
And because it will be (very) hard and/or painful to change the port
(it's infrastructure, directory layout) later.

One thing to say something while other to do it. Changes to that page (I
think) should have been discussed and/or approved by some community. If
those changes appear that may influence not only a FreeBSD port.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve