openafs server executables (was: Re: Is afsd only a client file)

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Tue Dec 16 00:49:57 PST 2008

Matt Benjamin <matt at linuxbox.com> writes:

>> Hm, until now I've been sure that client is kernel modile +
>> afsd daemon + configuration files. Where can I find out
>> which file should belong to which port?
>
> That is the client, minimally.  Users need to get, list, and discard
> tokens (aklog, klog, unlog, tokens*), talk to the client to configure
> and debug it (fs), as well as do some AFS specific file operations (fs),
> manage groups (pts), possibly also users (pts).  They should have vos,
> too (vos listvldb).  You should also ship pagsh* (but I don't remember
> if pags work right now in the FreeBSD client).
>
> I'd think you should ship all of sys, rxgen, scout, udebug, cmdebug,
> rxdebug, fstrace, up, and bos for administrative and debugging purposes.
>
> Other distribution packages people have done (openafs.org) could be
> helpful, also openafs top-level make has a "dest" target that puts a
> Transarc style installation in a subtree "dest" of the openafs source
> tree being built.
>
> For the server, perhaps everything openafs would have put in its libexec
> or sbin, and not already mentioned (except maybe copyauth).  And somehow
> you are accounting for configuration files and a var tree with
> appropiate permissions, as you noted.

OK, seems that to determine the server part is an easier task.
Let's say server executables are:
-----
libexec/openafs/
  buserver
  fileserver
  kaserver
  ptserver
  salvager
  upclient
  upserver
  vlserver
  volserver
sbin/
  bosserver
  ka-forwarder
  kadb_check
  kdb
  kpwvalid
  prdb_check
  pt_util
  rmtsysd
  vldb_check
  vldb_convert
  voldump
  volinfo
  vsys
-----

And let's assume other executables belong to the client part.

Any changes, additions, fixes? Thanks!

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)