Configuration files structure for openafs port(s)

Ben Kaduk minimarmot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 11:22:39 PST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> wrote:
> Hello List,
>

> here is a proposed coniguration files structure for openafs port(s):
> -----
> PREFIX=/usr/local
> ETCBASE=${PREFIX}/etc
> AFSCONFDIR=${ETCBASE}/openafs
> AFSCLIENTCONFDIR=${AFSCONFDIR}/client  #should this be named VICEETC?
> AFSSERVERCONFDIR=${AFSCONFDIR}/server  #is there a historical variable?
> -----

That seems reasonable to me.

I pulled your port from ftp://ftp.ipt.ru/pub/tmp/openafs.shar
and I removed "--disable-kernel-module" from the Makefile
on a recent -current system.  The build will take a couple hours,
but I did notice that we will probably need to add a
--with-bsd-kernel-build line in the Makefile that defaults to
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC but can be overridden for
those of use with custom kernel configs.

-Ben Kaduk