OpenAFS port

Derrick Brashear shadow at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 08:02:35 PST 2008

> > That's bad. Actually, it's horrible. It means you force a server to be in
> > the same AFS cell as a client, whereas it's valid and I have done a
> client
> > in one cell as a server in another.
>
> Is it a typical configuration?

Doesn't matter. Your proposed configuration precludes it from working even
in an atypical configuration, which means "yopu're doing it wrong".

> OK, let's find out what we can do here. Is it possible to configure
> a client/server software to use non-default values? Say,
> ETCBASE/openafs-client/* and ETCBASE/openafs-server/*?

You could do that. And now we're back to "can be installed independently",
which was the point in the first place, since it's compile time, and you are
either doing that, or not.

> But next, what to do with krb.conf? Seems there is no possibility
> to use different kerberos configuration file for client and server.

Only the server uses a krb.conf at all.