FreeBSD Bugathon Setpember 19th 1400-2100UTC

Tom Jones thj at freebsd.org
Sun Sep 6 13:23:04 UTC 2020

Hello Hackers,

On the 19th September 2020 from 1400-2100 UTC we will be running a coordinated
virtual Bugathon. FreeBSD has a Problem Report (PR) database[1] where users
and developers are encouraged to file issues and regressions they find in both
the base system and ports tree.

A Bugathon is a focused session where we try to triage, process, fix and close
as many reports as we can from the PR database.  This will be our second
Bugathon in 2020, the first was held in July[2] was very successful. I hope we
can reproduce those great results.

To help explain our bug tracking and squashing process I am looking for FreeBSD
committers (one each from src, docs and ports) to speak for 10-15 minutes on
their bug squashing workflow. Please contact me via email if you feel like
talking about your workflow.

We will host a google meet at the start of the Bug Squash to provide an
introduction to the process and will use the #freebsd-bugs irc channel on
freenode to coordinate work, triage and discuss PRs and patches.

        https://meet.google.com/zob-qoeu-fub

We will use the google meet through out the day last time it proved to be a
really helpful resource to get immediate answers to questions.

I look forward to joining you to squash bugs and commit fixes to improve
FreeBSD.

- Tom

[1]: https://bugs.freebsd.org
[2]: https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2020-July/056297.html