CoC does not help in benchmarks

Jeff Roberson jroberson at jroberson.net
Sun Jul 15 23:46:32 UTC 2018

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018, Erich Dollansky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> do you think that this will bring back programmers?

No one who was making significant contributions to architectual
performance problems has left or stopped their contributions.  We lost a
few ports committers, at least one of which was extremely idle.  There is
disagreement on exactly how to proceed among the developer community but
it is nowhere near the level you're suggesting.

I believe people of many different stripes are attempting to capitalize on
this to push their own political agenda.  I hope that other readers of
this list recognzie that this is not reflective of the project as a whole
and the CoC and benchmark results have nothing to do with eachother.

The core team is taking up the issue of what amendments may be necessary
based on developer feedback.  Please give us time to make progress and
stop stirring up false controversy.

Jeff