Concerning our new Code of Conduct...

Apostolic Seeker apostolic_seeker at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 22:43:20 UTC 2015

Last year, during my transition away from Windows, having heard recommendations for both FreeBSD and Linux, I found myselfblocked from many Twitter accounts. After some research and asking around, it turned out I was on a blacklist simply for interacting with "wrong people" on Twitter. This lead back to a representative of FreeBSD, "FreeBSDGirl", and that she was supported by your developers.  She was rather verbally aggressive when I reached out to her. Because of this negative experience, I opted not to try FreeBSD and installed Linux, which I have now been using for almost a year.

I have long since removed my Twitter account, leaving me able to see beyond the blacklist again. I see this person, now "Randi Lee Harper", speaking of a code of conduct on Twitter. I cannot understand why her behavior is tolerated, and find myself unable to reconcile this with the high praises I have heard of FreeBSD, and with a code of conduct.

Sincerely,
Johann