Did someone compare the number of ports with packages in Linux distros?

Sun Mar 17 20:24:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

does someone know about some kind of statistics which compare the
number of ports/packages on Linux distros? I search something which
makes sense to compare with the number of our ports, not something which
takes e.g. "qt4" and "qt4 includes" as different entities.

Yes, I know that even such a number is like apples and oranges, as the
"linux base system" consists of packages too, and that the "linux base
system" may contain stuff which we have in ports.

The idea is to have something which may be useful in rapid-prototyping
discussions.

Please CC me in replies.

Bye,
Alexander.