BSD license

toredhiddenuser at tormail.net toredhiddenuser at tormail.net
Thu Apr 12 06:33:44 UTC 2012

> Hi,
>

> On 11/04/12 11:48 -0400, Jason Hellenthal wrote:
>>
>> Set a meeting place, make sure there are lots of flags on the walls (I
>> prefer red, white & blue) and also make sure that during all the ranting
>> and chanting going on that you unveil the newest, leetist golden
>> bikeshed.
>>
>> http://isteve.blogspot.com/2010/01/save-ants.html
>

> Excellent troll feeding ! But it's going nowhere.
>
> toredhiddenuser,
> A too long mail to just say  : "We must do BSD licence advocacy"
> That's obvious we need pull developers to the BSD friendly side,
> an try to convince big players (big projects) could be a good way.
>
> regards
> - Rodrigo
>

>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 05:40:24AM -0000, toredhiddenuser at tormail.net
>> wrote:
>> > Hello everyone,
>> > There are many people who use GPL for their projects unaware of the
>> terms
>> > of license. We can observe that most "new technologies" and protocols
>> are
>> > licensed under BSD-license.
>> > As you are already subscribed to the mailing list, you probably have
>> much
>> > education of licenses and may be aware of dreadful deeds of GNU *
>> License.
>> >
>> > The main problem is "Viral" copyleft nature. Anything that even LINKS
>> > the GPL'd files SHOULD BE under GPL, as you may probably know.
>> > LGPL is viral too. MPL, on the other hand, didn't catch much
>> attention,
>> > but if you imply the protection of source code by means of copyleft,
>> hope
>> > it's the best way around: Less restrictions, but provides copyleft
>> nature.
>> >
>> > Apparently, new developers who are unaware of copyrights, release
>> their
>> > source into GPL.
>> > The new developer communities have an inclined trend towards GPL like:
>> > "The projects we see are GPL'd. Why don't we use that license?"
>> > Some companies, (probably the worst) use the GPL to force an
>> "addiction"
>> > and to force a need of dual-licensing. ****** and *** ************
>> > (removed because of problem) use this license for such purpose.
>> Doesn't it
>> > seem like some sort of Blackmail?
>> >
>> > BSD people should start a project to request some near-mature projects
>> > beta-projects to be licensed under BSD/MIT style license, or, at least
>> MPL
>> > (better than GPL, anyhow).
>> > (Is the name BSDActivists and BSDActivism) nice?
>> >
>> > There have been many proposals by some people, you can observe:
>> > These proposals were collected (probably) anonymously, for privacy of
>> the
>> > doers. These attracted attention. Summary:
>> >

>> > Audacity: Dominic Mazoni (lead developer), Re-licensing request failed
> [...]

Do you officially announce BSD is dying?

"The Trailhead Queen was dead. At first, there was no overt sign that her
long life was ending: no fever, no spasms, no farewells. She simply sat on
the floor of the royal chamber and died. As in life, her body was prone
and immobile, her legs and antennae relaxed. Her stillness alone failed to
give warning to her daughters that a catastrophe had occurred for all of
them. She lay there, in fact, as though nothing had happened. She had
become a perfect statue of herself."

Now what do you say? Is this trolling?
It's your wish,
and if you dislike being good to BSD, then bye.
Not gonna b somewhere where all hate doing good.
Going away before losing respect is something better.
Finally say: if this is wanted or not, simply, and then let
toredhiddenuser exit.
Thank you for reading this anyway.