http://www.softwarefreedomday.org global city teams recruitment

Steve steve at foo-unix.org
Mon Jul 25 01:40:25 UTC 2011

On 24/07/2011, at 10:48, "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at berklix.com> wrote:

> yes, not the right note ideally for us perhaps, but if it gets people of
> Micro$oft its still good.

See, my opinion has always been that this is what separates the average BSD user from the Linux user.

In my experience, I've found BSD users are BSD users because they have a genuine love for UNIX (like OSes).

Many of the Linux users I have met are really decamped Windows users who are just using Linux because they're jealous of Bill and his fortunes (hence the Micro$oft) or hate Microsoft for some other reason.

They're not using Linux because they like it. They're just escaping from Windows.

My favourite piece of art on the Internet is the one where the girl is looking sweet and innocent - holding a mallet behind her back and there's Tux knocked out, and she's standing next to a sign that reads 'A LITTLE BSD NEVER HURT ANYONE...'
I think that sums it up! ;)