BAFUG meeting on 14 May 2009 from 7 - 10 PM @ Yahoo!, bldg E, room 9

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Wed May 6 12:27:51 UTC 2009

[I posted last month's meeting announcement to freebsd-user-groups@;
someone strongly suggested that I post to freebsd-advocacy@, so I'll try
it.  My apologies to those not in the San Francisco Bay Area of
California.  d]

The 2nd Thursday of May is approaching, so we're having another Bay
Area FreeBSD Users Group meeting next week, on Thursday, 14 May
from 7 - (about) 10 PM.  The location will be same as last month:

* Yahoo! (701 First Ave., Sunnyvale), building E, room 9.
* Meeting is scheduled for 7 - 10 PM (1900 - 2200 hrs.); guard will
  let folks in the door between 6:30 - 7:30 PM.

Detailed location information is below, for those who want it.

As I indicated previously, I am not setting up speakers.  If someone has
something relevant to FreeBSD to say, come and say it.

That said, I'll list some things of which I'm aware:

* FreeBSD 7.2 was just released.  Anyone have anything interesting to
  report about it?

* FreeBSD 8.0 is coming up -- current schedule is code freeze in less
  than a month.  It will soon be too late to lobby for certain types of
  changes to be in the FreeBSD 8.x branch.  Any interest?

* Perhaps it's just me, but I can't seem to get wpa_supplicant(8) to do
  much useful.  Anyone want to do a show-and-tell?

* We have a few FreeBSD committers in the area; perhaps one of them
  might want to get some feedback on a project?

The above is, of course, not intended to be exhaustive, by any means.

The address is 701 First Ave., Sunnyvale, CA; a map & directions,
for Yahoo! may be found at
<http://yhoo.client.shareholder.com/press/address.cfm>.  HOWEVER:
the directions refer to your destination as "Building D".

That is not the case for this meeting.  Rather, we are meeting in
Building E, which is the building on the other side of First Ave.
from Building D.  (We're meeting in the same room as BayLISA has
been using for the past couple of years on the 3rd Thursday of each
month.)  Thus, once you turn on to First Ave. from Mathilda, turn
*left* -- not right.

Alternatively, you may turn from Mathilda to Lockheed Martin Way (the
continuation of W. Java Dr. across Mathilda), then turn right before you
get to the guarded gates at Lockhhed Martin.

A Mapquest link is
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Sunnyvale&state=CA&address=701+First+Ave>;
building E is in the block bounded by First Ave on the north, Mathilda
Ave on the east, Lockheed Martin Way on the south, and an unnamed
cul-de-sac on the west.

See you next week!

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.