questions on freebsdmall promo Items

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:45:01 PST 2009

On Friday 09 January 2009 4:07:02 pm Matt Olander wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2009, at 7:50 AM, Julian Stacey wrote:
> > If pictures on commercial vendor site http://www.freebsdmall.com
> > are not big enough, tell them not us, (well maybe copy us, but
> > primarily: Tell them !  Their address was not on your posting.
> > Nothing we can do, Unless you are lucky & a freebsdmall.com operative
> > happens to be a member of advocacy at freebsd.org

I was telling them and their address was not on my post because they _do_ post
on @freebsd.org mailing list:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-announce/2008-December/001224.html

I kew that posting to announce wasn't the way to go, and that's why I sent it
to advocacy, which is ultimately what I'm trying to bring to the forefront:
advocacy.

Just in case you didn't notice, I began my e-mail with a polite ask for
forgiveness in case I was wrong.

And .. as it happens, yes .. I knew that Matt happened to be a member of
advocacy at freebsd.org and that he is kind enough as to answer every mail he
gets.

> Haha, as it happens, a few of us are on this list! While this is not
> the appropriate list for such a complaint, as a general fyi, we're
> working on a pretty new site for FreeBSD Mall with pretty new
> products, too ;-)
>
> -matt

Sorry Matt, there was no complaint a all .. honestly ... it was just an
observation ... I'm already a subscriber and I'm really satisfied with your
services, but since I know that you guys donate back to the FreeBSD
foundation I would pretty much like to spend more money on your products in a
not so long period of time (like from 7.0 to 7.1) ... and to be honest, high
quality pictures and some new items would really get me in the mood ;)

Good to hear you guys are cooking something new .. hope to see it soon !

Regards
--
Blessings
Gonzalo Nemmi