FreeBSD Advocacy in Ticino Switzerland 2008

Salvatore Albanese salvatore at oems.ch
Mon Mar 24 08:12:44 UTC 2008

Greetings all.

As part of the FreeBSD advocacy push in Ticino Switzerland 2008,

I attended the OpenExpo 2008 in Bern Switzerland and got a lot of
good feedback
from the Open Source Software Community.

I spoke with Open Source Software vendors and exchanged ideas and
opinions.
In the after ours sessions I made a small speech about FreeBSD and
The FreeBSD Foundation.
I also presented my FreeBSD Push 2008 in Ticino.

I got a lot of positive feedback and and offers of help with the
seminars that will be offered at the Ticino Informatica on October.

I had lunch with Alan Cox and we shared Ideas, and the need for the
Open Source Software community
to remain tight knit allowing Opens Source Software to become
mainstream.

I also spoke with Many LINUX users who did not even know what FreeBSD
was, Most seemed open to
explore and try out FreeBSD. On the other hand I found many LINUX
users who also have used and currently use FreeBSD.

I took time to garner support for my FreeBSD push 2008 by asking them
to share their solution they have developed with Open Source Software
and any FreeBSD stories that they may want to share on the New web
site I will be creating shortly "www.alpifoss.ch" (The Free Business
Association For Free Open Source Software).

I have gotten one offer of a speaker at the FreeBSD Seminar I will be
having at the Ticino Informatica, about an implementation of Samba
with FreeBSD

Also I spoke with a representative of Google and he told me I should
remain in contact with possibilities of a speaker, or possible
sponsorship.

I am still asking for help funding and freeBSD goodies from several
sources. if you anyone has ideas or or suggestions please contact me.
salvatore ( at) oems (dot) ch

FreeBSD Booth at the Ticino Informatica 2008 Lugano Switzerland.
Dates are October 22 -25 2008.

Please mark this on your calendar.
If you would like to take part  please contact me, all and any
suggestion will be considered.

I would also like to see if there will be help in manning the booth.
Booth hours are 8 to 22 daily.

I am currently in contact with  GUFI  Gruppo Utente FreeBSD Italia
(Italian FreeBSD User Group).

OEMS Sagl
Salvatore Albanese
Sr. Consultant