Summer of Code Alumni

Murray Stokely murray at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 17 23:14:26 UTC 2008

I spent a few hours tracking down the former students that have
participated in FreeBSD Projects for the Google Summer of Code for the
last three years and prepared a post about the findings :

http://murrayfreebsd.blogspot.com/2008/02/where-are-they-now-freebsd-summer-of.html

At least 9 former students have become full fledged FreeBSD committers
and countless others have moved onto grad school, startups, or
industry companies.  This is really a great program.  We should
encourage the PC-BSD and other FreeBSD derived projects to participate
more directly in the Summer of Code next time.

      - Murray