FreeBSD News blog

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sun Jul 27 13:45:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:34:03 -0400
"Gerard van Essen" <gvanessen at gmail.com> wrote:

> is there anything you guys think I should add/change to make the website
> even better for newbies, for people moving on from Linux and those who just
> want to read what's happening in "FreeBSD land".

( I've just subscribed to your RSS ;) thanks! ).
n ideas below, each n/$0.02 :)

- for the v. technical minded, new to *BSD or not, it may be interesting to know what is the latest feature MFC'ed ( eg, Julian E's multiple routing code). Similarly, 'requests for test of new features' ( NAT-T patchset a few weeks back in -net@ ).

- idem major additions to ports ( eg, a major application / framework / tool added...? maybe this is available @ freshports  , but i think freshports is just automated stuff...