Lack of Flash support is no longer acceptable. Bountyestablished...

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat Jul 12 06:28:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 03:03:33PM +0400, Nico Revin wrote:
> There's Petition to Adobe
> http://www.petitiononline.com/flash4me/petition.html. According to it
> there are already 6350 signatures. But it dates back to those times
> when adobe and macromedia were apart!!!
> If we unite our efforts, connect ALL *BSD users, including pc-bsd,
> desktop-bsd, openbsd and so forth, and restart this petition,  we will
> take more signatures. we can make IT-people talk about it.
>
> we can start not a petition but a Fundraising Campaign to buy porting
> Adobe Flash: $10 x 6350 is a good argument for porting, isn't it?
>
> aggressive campaign will gain its results anyway.

Maybe we can get more than $10 each, and more than 6350 people -- and
come up with enough money to get Adobe to release a Flash player under
the BSD license.

If we're going to pay 'em to get our business, we might as well go for
the gold.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Paul Graham: "Real ugliness is not harsh-looking syntax, but having to