BSDCon Barcelona'08

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Thu Feb 28 12:45:55 UTC 2008

"Julian H. Stacey" wrote:
> I started to forward this to a friend who has a BSD friend in Spain,
> but your un-necessary base64 comes out nbadly on EXMH.  If you fix
> it & repost without base64 it will make it easier for people to
> forward.  Base64 will also Not come out right on FreeBSD web mail
> archives (so will not be picked up by search engines).

I presume someone fixed fbsd mail filter for web, as
suprisingly it Did display,
  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-advocacy/2008-February/003492.html
(Though one can't inspect header to see what did it & how. )
Just a month or so ago I reported a case where base64 text posting failed
to display on fbsd web.

PS Still leaves me with an EXMH that doesnt forward/reply to
base64 text, merely displays it, (if anyone knows an easy fix I'd
try it, but I'm not too bothered to chase exmh +Tcl/TK + NMH + man
repl. metamail etc more than I already have), base 64 on
plain text is pointless overhead anyway.

> --------
> "TooMany Secrets" wrote:
> >
> > SGkhCgpJcyBteSBwbGVhc3VyZSB0byBhbm5vdW5jZSB0aGF0IHRoZSBCU0RDb24gQmFyY2Vsb25h

PS URL forwarded to friend mentioned before.

Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich www.berklix.com
	Mail Ascii plain text.  HTML & Base64 = spam.