Dell Servers I have installed

matt donovan kitchetech at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 02:02:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Julian H. Stacey <jhs at berklix.org> wrote:

> =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= wrote:
> > "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at berklix.org> writes:
> > > 7.0 exists too, but as you (james) dont know much about FreeBSD, use
> 6.3
> > > instead for now, until 7.1 come out.
> >
> > Excuse me, but what, exactly, is wrong about 7.0?
>
> Nothing as such but this guy is new to FreeBSD,
> & *.0 releases tend to have less smooth edges.
> His choice of course.
>
> > DES
> > --
> > Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no
>

> Julian
> --
> Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich
> www.berklix.com
>        Mail just Ascii plain text.  HTML & Base64 is spam.

this is for Dag-Erling Smørgrav, I m not sure but for me 7.0 has a lot of
problems had to search to ,make acpi thermal polling actually not poll as
much so I don't get spammed by having my non existent sensor being polled
every 100 seconds. on ##freebsd channel on freenode some do suggest 6.3
since they do not trust a .0 release until a .1 comes out since many of the
bugs do get fixed that maybe a .0 still has. or a 6.x doesn't have as many
bugs as a .0 release since many of them were worked out though out the whole
6.x series.

I myself have used .0 since beta and -current and find no problems with it
except for the acpi thermal spam but fixed that by changing a sysctl switch.