allBSD's "Stop the Blob" Campaign

Jona Joachim walkingshadow at grummel.net
Sat Mar 17 20:54:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 21:25:21 +0100
des at des.no (Dag-Erling Smørgrav) wrote:

> Jona Joachim <walkingshadow at grummel.net> writes:
> > Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > > I don't see a FreeBSD logo there.  All I see is the BSD daemon,
> > > which is a common mascot for all BSD derivatives.  The FreeBSD
> > > logo is here: <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/logo.html>
> > You have to scroll to the bottom of the flyer. I hope this is not
> > too much of an effort.
> > http://misc.allbsd.de/Kampagnen/NoBlob/NoBlob-en-Poster.jpg
>
> OK.  That's a clear trademark violation.  I expect AllBSD will be
> hearing from the FreeBSD Foundation's lawyers...

Does this mean that the FreeBSD Project leaders didn't know that our
logo was used for this campaign?
Does this mean that the FreeBSD Project encourages blobs?

Jona

--
"I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists
build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns