slashdot interview?

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 09:47:38 PST 2007

If this has been suggested before, sorry, I didn't find it in my searches.

Has the idea of one of those "as such-and-such" articles for slashdot
ever been suggested for the FreeBSD core team? Recently they've had
articles asking the readers to come up with questions to ask certain
developers and/or groups.

A month or two ago I figured this wouldn't work for FreeBSD given the
usual droll jokes about it being unpopular and dead, but recently
there was an article where a few threads grew a lot of interest for
BSD (several people asking/answering questions on BSD, with not
serious flaming in sight), and I figured maybe something like this
might work to get a little more recognition and understanding for the
OS. Would this be something worth trying? Am I missing something
obvious that everyone else has seen?

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton