FreeBSD user statistics

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Aug 1 00:48:18 UTC 2007

Are there any projects out there collecting data on numbers of FreeBSD
users?  I'm interested in pretty much anything along those lines,
including analogs to Fedora's "smolt" reporting software, the Linux
Counter <http://counter.li.org/>, and so on.

If not . . . is there any sense that such a project would be useful to
the community?  I might consider getting at least a web-based
self-reporting thing like the Linux Counter project set up, if that seems
like something the community would want/need and doesn't already exist.

What I'm really looking for, though, is any existing efforts to count
FreeBSD users, even if such efforts are prone to error.

Baltasar Gracian: "A wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from
his friends."