What sort of market does FreeBSD provide ... ?

User Freebsd freebsd at hub.org
Mon Jul 24 03:40:46 UTC 2006

'k, there are at least two "clients" already in existence ... and, in
fact, the one that I posted the URL about even has Protocol information
included, so we *should* be able to avoid recreating the wheel here, only
extend it ...

I should *not* be a mandatory ... then we're as bad as other companies
that are into embedding 'spyware' ... it should be an opt-in sort of
thing, but something that is included as part of the OS, just like
ntpdate ... something a simple addition to /etc/rc.conf would enable,
*or*, even have it enabled by default, but easy to *disable* ...

As for older releases, that would fall under a verison available in ports,
that could be downloaded and run ...

There has to be conscious involvement from the community as a whole in
this though ...