FreeBSD Logo (was Re: Software Freedom Day Request)

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 00:03:41 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Christian Brueffer <brueffer at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 04:54:14AM -0700, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> > On 8/20/06, Christian Brueffer <brueffer at freebsd.org> wrote:

[snipped]

> > >http://www.freebsd.org/logo.html
> > >

> > The logos on this page look like shit! Someone scaled them
> > incorrectly. Where are the originals so I can fix them?

Open this image http://www.freebsd.org/logo/logo-full.png in Opera 9
on FreeBSD and you will see the problem. The image looks great in
Opera 9 on OS X and Windows BTW.

> Well, the vector versions are available on that page.

Safari 2.0.4 won't render it:
error on line 16 at column 36: Entity 'ns_extend' not defined
error on line 17 at column 16: Entity 'ns_svg' not defined
error on line 20 at column 89: Entity 'ns_sfw' not defined
error on line 32 at column 358: Entity 'ns_ai' not defined

Firefox 1.5.0.6 (OS X and Windows) will render it but does so incorrectly:
http://www.nbritton.org/uploads/firefox_01.png

Opera 9/9.0.1 (OS X, Windows, and FreeBSD) will render it but does so
incorrectly:
http://www.nbritton.org/uploads/opera_01.png

--
BSD Podcasts @: