Flash Player on FreeBSD

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 19:40:47 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, Jeff Cross <jeff.cross at averageadmins.com> wrote:
> I wonder what got Linux on board?

Well, what do you think? Do you think Microsoft paid Macromedia
to include the player in Win98 or do you think Macromedia paid
through the nose to get there?

I think much effort should be spent to make hardware companies
open specs. The open source world should make it clear that it is
only to their benefit. Legislature should be encouraged. As for
software technologies like flash - I think they are great. And while
I might even donate a few bucks for them to be available in
FreeBSD, but I really think that time should better be spent trying
to develop SVG and such so we can forget about the proprietary
hell we're stumbling upon every other day.