Romanian BitDefender for FreeBSD Mail Servers line

Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg listsub at 401.cx
Tue May 31 11:29:12 PDT 2005

Sander Vesik wrote:
> On 5/29/05, Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg <listsub at 401.cx> wrote:
>
>>And, if I understood it correctly, he was not requesting an
>>immediate change to the webpage. He stepped up and announced a
>>*will* to change it, and was asking for feedback and thoughts.
>>When the community, ie advocacy@, approves of his work and agrees
>>on a actual website change, then it would be time to involve the
>>webmasters (they are of course welcome to join the discussion
>>earlier if they so wish).
>>
> This is *UTTER* crap. he is talking about a simple issue with the web
> pages and one for which channels for cahnge already exist. There is no
> point in even talking about the "community" on advocacy approving
> anything about the web pages before there is in fact a community on
> advocacy@ and it has establshed an ability and will for looking at web
> page issue. And even so, this would *NOT* fal lunder that even then.

Since this discussion arises almost on a monthly basis on
advocacy@, I think we can safely say that a will to change the
current website clearly exists. Likewise, a will *not* to change
the website also exists, since posts like yours above always
manages to kill any attempts to do so.
And please stop refering to it as an "issue". There are no issues
or problems you can point your finger at here. He proposed a new
*design* of the webpage, and I cant think of a better place to
ask then advocacy, since it is in fact the public image of
FreeBSD as a whole we are talking about.