[30-05-05] Layout update

Fafa Hafiz Krantz fteg at london.com
Mon May 30 06:42:00 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Jawed" <johnjawed at gmail.com>
To: freebsd-advocacy at freebsd.org, freebsd-www at freebsd.org
Subject: [30-05-05] Layout update
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 00:49:40 -0700

> I've tried to amend to the best of my ability the resizing issues mentioned
> earlier. I think, if you do not know much about CSS layouts, that you should
> expect some type of distortion at some unrealistically small resolutions
> (less than 800x600).
>
> CSS layouts are not suitable for columns, they are built to be fluid
> layouts. Fluid != table/column based layout, so resizing the window at small
> resolutions will get you wierd results. I was able to resize rather small
> before I started to see any distortion.
>
> Hopefully the next update will include my take on the current footer.
>
> Again, all feedback is appreciated and looked forward to.
>
> http://www.johnjawed.com/freebsd-redesign/30-05-2005/
>
> Regards

You're wasting your time, the webdesign contest hasn't started yet.

Your design is very clear and mature, however it doesn't give the project
the corporate feel that it requires to sustain among the big players.

Don't give away your ideas this early :)
Make them better, and use them to win that competition!

--

Fafa Hafiz Krantz
  Research Designer @ http://www.home.no/barbershop