Let's update FreeBSD vs Linux vs Windows XP

Johnson David davidjohnson at siemens.com
Mon Jun 27 17:08:37 GMT 2005

From: Marc Fonvieille [mailto:blackend at freebsd.org]

> I thought you wanted to update the content...
> and if it's for "newcomers" marketing/os-comparison.html
> will be too  much technical for them.

Newcomers != technically illiterate

If it's a straight comparison, then it needs to have technical information.
Imagine taking a Honda Civic brochure and a Toyota Corolla brochure,
removing all technical facts such as horsepower and mileage, and then
comparing them only on the marketing verbiage. You cannot do it and have it
makes sense.

Marketing to newcomers doesn't mean hiding away the technical details.
That's what the EZLinux distros do, and we're better than that. Don't hide
the gnarly greasy details. If they scare away a few newbies, they wouldn't
have been happy here anyway. But those that they don't scare away should be
welcomed.

David